About Fort Ransom ND
Fort Ransom is a city in Ransom County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 77 at the 2010 census. Fort Ransom was founded in 1880.
Fort Ransom is located at 46°31′16″N 97°55′45″W / 46.52111°N 97.92917°W / 46.52111; -97.92917 (46.521154, -97.929141). Fort Ransom is located in the Sheyenne River valley. Fort Ransom State Park is located nearby.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.30 square miles (0.78 km), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 77 people, 43 households, and 25 families residing in the city. The population density was 256.7 inhabitants per square mile (99.1/km). There were 64 housing units at an average density of 213.3 per square mile (82.4/km). The racial makeup of the city was 100.0% White. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.6% of the population.
There were 43 households of which 7.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.5% were married couples living together, 2.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 2.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 41.9% were non-families. 41.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 23.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.79 and the average family size was 2.32.
The median age in the city was 59.8 years. 5.2% of residents were under the age of 18; 3.9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 7.8% were from 25 to 44; 44.2% were from 45 to 64; and 39% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.6% male and 49.4% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 70 people, 37 households, and 19 families residing in the city. The population density was 233.1 people per square mile (90.1/km²). There were 44 housing units at an average density of 146.5 per square mile (56.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 100.00% White.
There were 37 households out of which 18.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 43.2% were married couples living together, 5.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 48.6% were non-families. 48.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 27.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.89 and the average family size was 2.74.
In the city, the population was spread out with 20.0% under the age of 18, 2.9% from 18 to 24, 20.0% from 25 to 44, 20.0% from 45 to 64, and 37.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 50 years. For every 100 females, there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 124.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $19,375, and the median income for a family was $31,250. Males had a median income of $23,125 versus $28,750 for females. The per capita income for the city was $14,242. There were 11.8% of families and 11.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 17.4% of those over 64.
Zip Code Map
Fort Ransom North Dakota neighborhoods include: Absaraka, Alamo, Alexander, Alice, Amenia, Amidon, Ardoch, Arena, Argusville, Arnegard, Arthur, Arvilla, Ayr, Baldwin, Bathgate, Bismarck, Bowman, Braddock, Buffalo, Buffalo Springs, Cartwright, Casselton, Cavalier, Corinth, Crystal, Davenport, Drayton, Driscoll, Durbin, Edinburg, Embden, Emerado, Enderlin, Epping, Erie, Fargo, Fingal, Fordville, Forest River, Galesburg, Gardner, Gilby, Grand Forks, Grandin, Grassy Butte, Grenora, Hamilton, Harwood, Hatton, Hensel, Hickson, Hillsboro, Honeyford, Hoople, Horace, Hunter, Inkster, Johnstown, Keene, Kindred, Larimore, Leonard, Lincoln, Mandaree, Manvel, Mapleton, Marmarth, McCanna, McGregor, McKenzie, Mekinock, Menoken, Moffit, Mountain, Neche, New England, Niagara, Northwood, Orr, Oxbow, Page, Pembina, Prairie Rose, Prosper, Ray, Regan, Reiles Acres, Reynolds, Rhame, Saint Thomas, Scranton, Sterling, Thompson, Tioga, Tower City, Trenton, Wahpeton, Walhalla, Watford City, West Fargo, Wheatland, White Earth, Wildrose, Williston, Wilton, Wing, Zahl
For more information, see Fort Ransom North Dakota wiki